Monday, August 1, 2011

CAN


CAN was a musical collective, which - accurately speaking - was a real 'band'. They were a configuration that, at various times, consisted of the following people from differing national origins, education and musical backgrounds: Jaki Leibezeit, Michael Karoli, Irmin Schmidt, Holger Czukay, Malcolm Mooney, Damo Suzuki,
Thaiga Raj Raja Ratnam, Michael Cousins, Rosko Gee & Rebop Kwaku Baah. By their own design however, Can was always the author. They managed to have Can create music that was constantly shifting in form and style.

I've been an aficianado of Can's music ever since I first heard it, which was right at the time that I moved to New York City. I thought it would be fun to share some audio on this blog; so here are some links to a few complete selections.
Link
***** "Peking O" (11:37)
-- recorded at Schloss Norvenich
, Köln, West Germany - 1971

***** "Yoo Doo Right" (20:23)

-- recorded at Schloss Norvenich, Köln, West Germany - 1969

*****
"Dizzy Dizzy" (5:40)
-- recorded at Inner Space Studio, Köln, West Germany - 1974


The above are copyrighted by Spoon/Messer music. So no disrespect to the publishers. As soon as possible, I will replace these links with some unpublished concert recordings (as soon as I figure out how I can upload them in Windows Media).